Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Christopher wanted me to let everyone know that he is "very happy to be home, glad to be back in school and feeling great"!
He felt strong enough to attend school the last couple days and did very well. I believe being among his peers helps him stay positive and lends a bit of normalcy to an otherwise not so normal situation. If all goes well with his blood work tomorrow he will even be able to make the final class field trip on Friday. Many thanks to all the New Leaf staff and students for their sincere concern and understanding.
On another note...Chris agreed to try Traditional Chinese Medicine in conjunction to his current protocol. (yeay!) We saw Dr. Jiang in Orange Park, Florida. He has worked wonders for me over the past couple years and I felt strongly about having him in the mix . He is using homeopathic remedies to boost Chris' immune system and strengthen his kidneys, both of which have taken quite a beating form the chemo. I am so happy that Christopher is not only open to alternative therapies but actually says he believes that it can help him!
Next week we see the orthopedic surgeon to get more x-rays, an MRI and an idea of what type of surgery will be best. We will also find out how well he is responding to the current chemo protocol.
For now we are both enjoying some time at home.
I thank God that he is "feeling great" ...today.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. As a fan of complimentary medicine this is a wonderful move. How awesome that Chris is open to it.
    Christopher, I love that you have spent time with your classmates. I'm so happy for you. I know they are delighted to have you in their company. I continue to send you healing energy through the cosmos...love you both!

    ReplyDelete