Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wrapped up Round 13...14 coming up this week!

A "few" words from Chris...(and I was lucky to get that!)

Last week Christopher completed round 13 of his chemo protocol. Round 14 will start tomorrow followed immediately by round 15 the following week and then we will have a week off before the FINAL three rounds.

He tolerated this past week very well and is feeling pretty strong. Even his hip/femur healed and he hasn't experienced any pain since leaving the hospital a couple weeks ago. He had a little break from Mom last weekend as I was fortunate enough to get to Boston to be with my dear friends and enjoy much love, laughter and support. I am very grateful to have had Katie around to be with Chris and take over the helm. Chris also had a surprise visit from his step-brother, John who also stayed the weekend and was great company for him. Many thanks to both Katie and John not just for the help and relief they gave me but for their genuine care, concern and friendship with Chris.

Tomorrow Chris will see the prosthetist in the morning and then will be admitted for chemo later that afternoon. He should be home by late Friday, early Saturday. We will keep you posted on the much anticipated new leg!

Much peace and gratitude to all, Patty

1 comment:

  1. Hi chris, This is Hannah Hochderffer, I went to D.C with you a year ago. I love you and I hope you feel better soon, Im sorry about your battle, i know you were better for a while, but it looks like you went down again. I hope you feel better soon, Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete